Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Of Concern

A few years back, I stumbled upon Things I've Bought that I Love, Mindy Kaling's shopping blog. Admittedly, I'm more likely to hang out on the boyfriend/husband couch during a day of shopping with my friends/family than actively participate in the multiple hours usually required to peruse. However, I did enjoy living vicariously through the purchases Mindy would describe.

She has since replaced this blog in favor of The Concerns of Mindy Kaling which coincides with her new book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns). The book came out last week and has immediately tested my resolve to wait for my sister to buy this for me for Christmas after some very obvious hinting.

At least I have the blog for comfort. Mindy Kaling is delightful and funny. She reminds me so much of my sister. Fashion savvy, Beyonce loving, tell-it-like-it-is, fun. She'll be the first person to tell you she looks like she has tuberculosis without any makeup, but it will only make you adore her just a little bit more.

I completely credit her with the leopard print ballet flats I bought a few months ago. And all this time later, I have no buyer's remorse. Baby steps, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment