Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Final Countdown



It's exactly one week until Thanksgiving! I am a terrible cook, but I am a wonderful eater. And let's be honest, this is the holiday for eaters. In my experience this is also a holiday for post-meal napping, general relaxing, and familial trash talking. It's great!

I decided in honor of my favorite holiday, I will be posting one thing I am grateful for each day until Thanksgiving.

To kick off the first day, I am grateful for my Ralph Lauren sunglasses. I have had these sunglasses for about eight years. They are basic black with a basic frame. They replaced a pair of $12 brown sunglasses that had "Disneyland" on the side.

What is so great about these sunglasses is that they really help me out. My face does this thing where it looks completely normal head on but once you see me in profile you get an idea of the problem. The bridge of my nose is almost non existent and to make up for the absence the base kind of balloons out. It means most sunglasses just slip down to my cheeks. But these sunglasses stay perfectly on my face.

They also adore me as much as I adore them. I have lost them in shopping malls, friend's houses, family's houses, public restrooms, a Warped Tour mosh pit (two different years) and with a little effort they always return to me unscathed. I'm sure this says more about me than them, but I'm always so relieved to see them safely home.

For a girl that is a pretty ardent defender of her poor terrible near-sighted eyes, having a great pair of sunglasses is a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment