Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wanting a Bean Feast


I'm not sure why I continue to ask my husband questions I already know the answers to. In this case, I asked whether he thinks I get offended easily. His answer was a good humored, "Duh." Which I paused long enough to think of a way to refute without proving his point.

It is only somewhat true, I guess. I have this duality of mild mannered complacency and focused sensitivity that disarms most people. But luckily, this characteristic comes out only when provoked and/or over very particular topics. In fact, in most cases I have recognized my own red flags and have mostly stymied my own reactions.

What I am wondering is whether I've improved well enough to control my temper when known triggers arise in my future. I realize the husband is a poor observer since he usually gets the brunt of my looking-to-unload rants. I ask this for two reasons. Sundance and my spring trip. Park City parking is my nemesis and so are airports. These two things best me every time and I hope to be more tranquil as I try to play nice both next week and in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment