Thursday, January 12, 2012

Be Mine


The next big holiday on store shelves seems to be Valentine's Day. And these Valentine's Day cards have me wondering if maybe I should give this day another shot.

I hate Valentine's Day. Or maybe I should say I nothing Valentine's Day. When I was younger, it seemed more fun because it meant designing cool Valentine's Day boxes and collecting a bunch of candy. But when the Valentine's Day boxes disappeared with age, so did my enjoyment.

My entire relationship with my husband has been a Valentine-free zone. We pretty much treat it like any other day. Instead we celebrate two anniversaries, our wedding and our first date. Neither of us are very romantic, but it seems to me like if I need a day to commemorate my relationship I might as well not be in one.

Hmm, this is the opposite of where I wanted to go with this post. I guess the solution is to start up the Valentine Day box idea and see if some of that childish excitement returns. In the mean time, you know what my husband's getting for V-day this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment