Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review

My Christmas break is officially over and I've been ruminating on what resolutions I should write for the new year. I had three goals for 2011.

Read 50 books within the year.
Contribute bi-weekly to my blog.
Exercise weekly.

I read 47 books this year. So I think that counts as a soft fail. My second goal was a definite fail as I only started this one in November and hadn't contributed to my old blog at all. My third goal was also a soft fail as the last eight months, I've exercised at least once a week, missing the occasional week. Before that, I had to count using-stairs-instead-of-the-elevator-at-work exercise.

For once, I have not been as hard on myself as I would otherwise be at my own failings. I've decided that as long as I accomplish the spirit with which the goal was set than I'll have still accomplished something grand.

I still want to read more. I want to put my thoughts down and practice my writing. I want to be more physically active (Janet Jackson abs always in the back of my mind yet never quite attained).

There are others. I want to improve my memory. I want to control my temper and be kinder to others. I want to be braver and maybe even attempt spontaneity, unconcerned with potential risks. I want so many things. I just need to keep it to paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment