Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wrimo


December 1st, for a lot of people, means the start of Christmas or the closing of another year. For me, December 1st means the end of Nanowrimo, National Novel Writing Month. The concept is to write a 50,000 word story beginning November 1st and ending November 30th. I participated several years ago and signed up again this year.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the second page. Oh, well. The purpose of Nanowrimo is really getting you to learn to write every day, and I think this blog has helped me do that. Plus, I've learned not to beat myself up so much if I fall short on certain goals as long as I get something out of it.

I hope to keep this mantra as I head into the Christmas season. My focus will be enjoying time with friends and family and not get too mired with finding the perfect gifts for everyone on my list. It helps that we're continuing the tradition of homemade gifts this year. I just need to put everything together!

No comments:

Post a Comment