Monday, December 5, 2011

Finding Joy

In two weeks, I will submerge myself in the true spirit of Christmas, but until then I will be twirling like a dervish to get my Christmas list done. The prospects of finishing on time are dwindling and the dwindling is making my heart hurt.

Once the Christmas spirit hits me, I will talk about Christmas. For now, I will talk about distractions.

In movie form that can come in many ways, but I thought I would talk about Sister Act 2. Yes, there was a Sister Act, the original, but the sequel finds Sister Mary Clarence teaching a study period of disaffected kids with a real talent for singing.

With the help of the nuns, she guides them to compete in a singing competition. Of course there are obstacles, but the movie really showcases that just because a story is small does not mean it's unimportant.

Also, Lauryn Hill makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment