Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My dark and stormy night


My drive home tonight found me pushing through columns of terrible fog. Normally, I'm a pretty nervous driver in poor weather conditions, but tonight was different. Maybe it was the music that was playing on the radio. Emily's Wednesday Night Mixtape on KRCL was playing some fun Euro pop. I am terrible at describing sounds, but I was definitely getting a Parisian Beach Boys kind of vibe. Who can be scared with that playing in the background?

At one point, with the street signs obscured and car headlights flashing across my field of vision it became a possibility that my life could start to turn into a movie. Maybe a comedy. Maybe a horror story. For just a few moments until I parked, I felt the buzz of...something. I feel like I don't always pause long enough to take in the day. I'm going to make a better effort this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment