Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Actually


My intention to post about my favorite Christmas movie, Love Actually, has been hindered by a memory that has reduced the experience to hazy bits. Fortunately, I plan to remedy this problem by watching it with my sisters this week.

Love Actually is what I imagine Valentine's Day and New Years to be, (if I ever got around to seeing either) but British. I will be fair to say that British does not always mean better, but the reviews I have heard of the Garry Marshall films have not been kind.

Anyway, Love Actually is a series of vignettes of various people spending the holidays. The cast is sprinkled with prominent British actors and so it is not always easy to pick a favorite. The movie can also be misconstrued as a Valentine's Day film as many of the characters deal with love or love lost in some form. I guess that's an aspect of the holidays that can either be good or bad.

Christmas focuses on the relationships we have with each other. Now that I have finished my to do Christmas list, I feel like I can actually enjoy myself. The process will need to be perfected next year. Delivering gifts these past couple of days have been wonderful and I imagine the family Christmas parties will be great, but I'd like to actually enjoy putting together the gifts. I want the whole experience to be good. Is that asking too much? I can't be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment