Friday, March 2, 2012

Slowhand

I recently finished the audiobook of Eric Clapton's autobiography, Clapton read by Bill Nighy. I was reminded how candid and fair I thought the book portrayed his life. His focus was almost completely on his addictions and his music. He learned guitar by listening to a piece of music he loved, practicing the piece over and over until his copying matched the record.

I love hearing a cover redone in a creative way that still stays true to the music, but is a new interpretation. I guess that's why I've been listening to so much James Vincent McMorrow lately. He does a wonderful cover of Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" and Chris Isaak's "Wicked Games". Homeboy even covers "Whip My Hair"!

Though not a cover, I adore his song, "We Don't Eat". Definitely music to warm my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment