Thursday, March 8, 2012

Joan

I forget myself sometimes. A song, a story, a glimpse of something else and I'll be transported into a somewhere distinctly not here but not totally there either. Made up conversations in my head. Daydreaming. A rusty use of imagination. Joan as Police Woman is a great source to meander. I love the song, "Flash". And of course, I was obsessed with "The Magic" last year.

I know that I'm inherently the same, but I marvel at certain character traits I've picked up and those that I've set down and misplaced. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to miss talents I failed to nurture. Quirks I never appreciated. Why are certain things harder now?

Perhaps my focus should be on what I've gained now. How glad I am to have survived some periods of my life more or less whole, full use of all my appendages. Happy even. The anxiety that's plagued me this past couple of weeks is gone now and I don't mind enjoying this nice bit of calm for however long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment