Thursday, March 29, 2012

DC

Finished David Copperfield Tuesday night after some pretty intense reading sessions. I aimed to try to be like Agnes and seek out the good in others. Perhaps that's more of a Dickens attribute. Not overlooking the faults or eccentricities of people, but allowing those things to build their character rather than pit it against them.

I failed after mere hours of this resolve. Wah, wah. I failed again the next day.

I am trying to turn these failures into more of a progression into the right direction. Maybe one day I'll hit that sweet spot where my irritation/annoyance/self-awareness won't even be triggered at all and I'll become this amiable woman whose thoughts can match her outward appearance. For now, I'll be happy discouraging my (sometimes, inconvenient) expressive face.

In any case, I'm glad I finished and am excited to take on my next novel. No more Dickens intimidation for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment