Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Davy

I spent most of Monday and Tuesday night with the endeavor to finish David Copperfield tonight for a book club that is actually next Wednesday. Oops. The blog must sometimes suffer to hopeless literary pursuits. I reached page 488, so the absence in memory was not rewarded nor punished. I am definitely developing a crush on Dickens as I admit to initial reluctance on my part to even broach the famous tome.

It seems like the biggest thing I'm taking away from the story is that personal quirks sometimes matter very little on a person's character. The villains seldom twirl a convenient mustache. The handsome scholar may prove less than heroic. All the while, young David Copperfield observes and learns.

Anyway, something for me to think about when I next meet someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment