Monday, June 4, 2012

Où allez-vous?


There are many things I envy about my past self. So often I wonder if my memories betray the true reality of my youth. Many times, people will refer to bravery as challenging the fear, realizing that its present and accomplishing the task in spite of it. Are there merits to accomplishments if one is unafraid? Ofcourse. But will it mean more? Maybe.

I wanted to graduate from college quickly. I wanted to get my MBA. I wanted to become a financial planner. I wanted to write a novel.

I was successful at half of those things.

Today, I want to be a thoughtful person. I want to speak French when my family and I go to Europe in a year or two. I want to play Sia's "I'm in Here" on the piano and have it sound like Sia's "I'm in Here" on the piano. I want to write a novel I can be proud of. I want to eat healthier foods and remember to apply sunscreen. I want to be present. I want to be here. Right now. Exactly where I am.

Isn't that wonderful? Isn't that better than being afraid?


Source: Uploaded by user via Dome on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment