Monday, June 11, 2012

Dissent









Last week, I finally got around to watching Drive even though my sister warned me that she didn't like the movie AT ALL. The movie ended and I realized that not only did I disagree, but I was wholeheartedly behind the film. The strangeness of this occurrence didn't set in until yesterday when we were discussing Prometheus. She was enamored with the film and her love of Noomi Rapace was cemented. I enjoyed the grandeur of the beginning, but this waned when the movie got a little convoluted for my taste. Also, I couldn't share in the ardor for Dr. Elizabeth Shaw.

My sister and I are avid film watchers. It is not an exaggeration to say that we have probably watched thousands of movies together and not once has one sister disliked a movie while the other liked it or vice versa. I'm trying not to assign too much weight into this disconnect, but it makes me feel a little sad.

Luckily, we had a really wonderful discussion about our enjoyment (and moderate disappointment) for Snow White and the Huntsman. I suppose I should welcome the novelty of a cinematic debate. This is also making me realize that I could probably review more movies. Hmm.


Source: maduke.tumblr.com via Arlene on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment