Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tunes

I'm not sure where the magical age range occurs when it comes to being the cool, music kid. I floated through 90's R&B, mainstream rock, hip hop, indie darlings and alt-country and whatever played on KRCL, I Guess I'm Floating and Alexandra Patsavas's radar.

Although I can't be sure, I've lost myself somewhere and been catching myself saying things out loud what can only be described as "old people mutterings". Things like, "So that's what Justin Beiber sounds like!" and "Wait, UK One Direction is a boy band and not just one kid singing?" and, and, well, I'm blaming senility, but those are the two worst offenders.

I guess I should be glad that my obvious lameness comes out mostly with mainstream music, but what happens when certain favorite Arizona-bred bands form different, less fun bands and I have no idea? What if James Mercer kicks out the only girl in his band right when I'm really getting the feel for her? What if I missed The Mynabirds play at Kilby Court last month? Oh, wait I DID do that!

I'm going to be catching The Civil Wars in May and make a little more of an effort here.

No comments:

Post a Comment