Monday, April 30, 2012

Revelations

I have noticed many things about myself during my NZ trip these past two weeks:

  • I can go over a week without watching new episodes of Gossip Girl, but the minute you put me in front of a wifi-enabled computer, I lose all restraint. Also, the same seems to occur with Twitter and Pinterest. Catch up TV watching this weekend with less demanding shows like Eureka was actually pretty fun (also, Joinks! to last week's episode). 
  • These work-free weeks had a funny effect on me. The first week was so filled with activity that I often found the prospect of home the real vacation. The second week brought the serenity I was after. I did everything I set out to do and now that I'm home, I'm happy to be back. 
  • New Zealand motion sickness pills have no effect on me. Xanax and prayer seem to do the job. 
  • Being with family and trading stories made me really nostalgic, just as I thought it would. What I didn't anticipate was how it would provoke so much self-reflection. So many times, I asked myself, am I where I want to be? Am I doing what I want to be doing? Am I the person that I was supposed to be? The answers haven't been too forthcoming, but, surprisingly, the hesitation doesn't make me nervous. 
  • My goals are not yet all achieved. I can be happier, accumulate more wealth, become more successful. I can also let the excitement build, revel in hope not the fear of the unknown. Treasure the presents that I have now. 
Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment