Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hungry


I went to see Hunger Games over the weekend with my sisters and mom. My mom had never read the books and apart from having to whisper/explain what the Reaping was at the beginning, she was able to follow the story pretty well.

Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire. The girl whose brought into focus by her own accord when she volunteers her name in the Hunger Games in lieu of her sister's. One boy and one girl from twelve districts. Competing to the death on live television.

The movie followed the basic plot points of the book. This felt like a beginning as little attention was paid to a lot of the characters. In fact, the only person I felt had their character fleshed out was Haymitch played by Woody Harrelson. I'm hoping the other movies will provide that for Katniss, Peeta and Gale. But until then, it was a good start.

Also, I'm hopelessly fixated on The Secret Sisters' "Tomorrow Will Be Kinder" from the Hunger Games soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment