Monday, December 17, 2012

XOXO

Pic from NY Trip


Why write a love letter to the show when the CW provided an hour long Gossip Girl love fest? Oh, well. Since I am highly impressionable, I have to thank the show for not only introducing me to serious retail envy with 'Alexa' Mulberry bags, Alexis Bittar cuffs, and Charlotte Olympia heels, but the literary and musical name checks too.

Would a casual fan read Anna Karenina, The Beautiful and Damned, The End of the Affair, Washington Square, The Petting Zoo, Bright Lights, Big City, The House of Mirth and The Secret History? Hmm, I didn't intend for that list to be so long. #don'tjudge

Also, Lana Del Rey, Gotye, Kimbra, James Vincent McMurrow, Sia, The xx, and, though I'm loathe to admit it, One Republic.

In short, I will miss Blair Waldorf smack talk, NJBC takedowns, Chuck's onesie, S&B catfights and makeups, GG in Paris, not all but the better part of Chuck and Blair shenanigans, and what I will miss most: NY Mag's weekly reality indexes.

I would've posted a video from my NY trip where I am standing a few blocks away from the Empire Hotel and my sister is shouting "look it's Gossip Girl, your one true love" at me, but said video also includes me tripping over a pothole. Next time, I guess. Anyway, you know you love me...

No comments:

Post a Comment