Saturday, November 17, 2012

Break

I have, obviously, no handle on my emotions as I cried through the ending of Breaking Dawn Part 2 tonight. These past few days have been crummy, but I was reading Cupcakes and Cashmere's 100th Five Things yesterday and thought (not for the first time) why can't I be more like Emily?

I started the blog a year ago this month with the intention to post things/thoughts/whatever that didn't always sway towards my natural tendency of negativity and sarcasm. I think I have been moderately successful. I can try to make my future posts less sarcastic, but it's kind of like asking Taylor Lautner to keep his shirt on for an entire movie. You're looking at his face, but everyone knows what's brimming under the surface.

So in an attempt to remind (myself mostly) those small things that cheered me up this week, I will post the following 3 Things (working up to it, people):

1. The surprise treat (Hershey's with almonds) my husband brought home a couple nights ago from his grocery run. Food in sugary form almost always works for my mood, especially when it's a surprise.

2. Altering a pattern to fit a fair isle design I've been eyeing. The sweater is nowhere near finished so it's difficult to say how it will turn out, but I'm excited. 


3. My piano assignment this week is to find a song of my choice that I can begin to practice. So far, my YouTube viewings have challenged my ability to find accompanying sheet music, but it reinvigorated why I chose to take piano lessons in the first place. 

Love!






No comments:

Post a Comment