Saturday, August 25, 2012

Trying

July was especially difficult for me this year and the gloominess bled into August. I'm hoping September will find me more cheerful, more willing to be brave. I keep talking to myself in circles and wonder why my improvements are so marginal. I have to keep reminding myself of all the things I've done. Even the small things. I'm not sure if it's sad that when I was compiling a 'Happy Mix' last week, I couldn't even fill a whole hour. I don't want to be like Sally Sparrow where she's only happy when she's sad. I want to be happy all on its own.

Though the husband rolled his eyes at my mix, it consisted of the following:

"Titanium" David Guetta ft. Sia
"I Believe" Yolanda Adams
"I See Your True Colors" Jill Scott
"New Soul" Yael Naim
"Tiny Dancer" Elton John
"Caroline" Brandi Carlile
"Heavenly Day" Patty Griffin
"(You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care" Buddy Holly cover by Cee Lo Green
"Home" Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
"Rocket Man" Elton John
"Flowers in the Window" Travis

I'm now convinced that if I had taken more time, I probably would've been able to fill the hour. For example, only one Jill Scott song and no Lauryn Hill? My criteria was pretty strict, though. No lyrics or instrumental that could be construed as blue (you explain to me the lyrics of 'Rocket Man'). The mix has helped. Miyazaki, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment