Friday, May 25, 2012

Civil

Last night the sis and I went to see The Civl Wars at The Depot. We even waited after the show and snagged a picture with Joy and John Paul.



Unfortunately, the picture came out red-eyed and blurry so I had to do some creative editing (limited iphoto knowledge being as it is) with the husband's mac. We left the show exhilarated and happy. My favorite thing about watching The Civil Wars is the sheer pleasure they radiate. They have such a mastery of their voices that it's simply another instrument to which they can play.

The intro for "To Whom it May Concern" had Joy placing her hand to her belly and sharing how excited she was for the new arrival in her life and how special it is to sing that song as the date approaches. She said different people have various interpretations of that song and I thought about what was mine.

Why are you so far from me?
In my arms is where you are to be
How long will you make me wait?
I don't know how much more I can take
I missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
Slowly counting down the days
Till I finally know your name
The way your hand feels round my waist
The way you laugh, the way your kisses taste
I missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
How I do
I've missed you but I haven't met you
Oh how I miss you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
Oh how I want to
Dear whoever you might be
I'm still waiting patiently
I think of happiness. How that's the only thing you can think about when you're sad. Waiting for its arrival. Wondering what it will look like. How changed your life will be. I dunno. Maybe it's about a cute boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment