Sunday, June 8, 2014

Faults



I hadn't intended to, but I watched The Fault in Our Stars over the weekend. This was basically the superbowl of weepy teen movies. And I have always had a slippery hold on my emotions especially when showcased through the lens of cinematic introspection.

I went as a means of distraction and bawled my way through it. Hazel and Gus meet at a cancer support group and fall in love. They are sixteen and everything about their story seems so very short.

Along with the general weepiness, the ATX Festival had an Everwood reunion yesterday and I was immediately brought back to my favorite TV show. I'm pretty sure nostalgia will keep me from loving any other television show with the same fervor. Andy and Ephram Brown. A grieving husband who wants to love his two kids but never really tried before to even know them. His distance has made his son a stranger, but there's still hope. Still love. Man, creator Greg Berlanti can make me cry like no boy has ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment